Wednesday 9 January 2013

Re-join gym: check!

Yeah, joining the thousands of other people signing up in January...



EDIT: So, after a brief return home to get changed, off to the gym I went. They'd changed the layout around completely, so I wandered about a bit confused, ended up doing a 15 minute warm-up on the elliptical, followed by 45 minutes of strength training - did arms, legs, back, the works, just to figure out where they had moved all the different machines to. Finished off with a slow jog over to meet my 6-year old at his football practice (in fairness, it's only 500 metres from the gym), and did a few stretches there.

And then I did something I have never done before. I have a complete fear of the free weights section, I figure all the tank-top-wearing muscle-men would just laugh at me if I ever ventured in there. But today I went and booked a session to be shown the ropes in there. Scaaaaary stuff indeed! I want/need to do some serious work on my entire upper body: my posture is crap, my shoulders slouch forward, my upper arms look like jelly, by belly looks like... uh, nevermind. You don't wanna know! Any tips you can spare would be greatly appreciated!


No comments: