Friday 2 October 2009

A 2-WEEK EXPERIMENT

Well, since something clearly isn't working here, it's time to shift things around a little. So, I'm going to see what happens if I go low-carb for a couple of weeks.

Goodbye bread, pasta and potatoes, hello protein, fats (yes!) and veggies.


I already know I am a serious sugar addict, I am also an apple shape - I'd say there's a good chance I am slightly insulin resistent, looking at the list of indicators below.

  • Fatigue
  • Brain fogginess and inability to focus. Sometimes the fatigue is physical, but often it is mental
  • Intestinal bloating
  • Sleepiness
  • Weight gain, fat storage, difficulty losing weight. For most people, too much weight is too much fat. The fat in IR is generally stored in and around abdominal organs in both males and females

I've already significantly reduced my intake of white carbs and increased my protein intake, but I think I need to take it up a notch.

I'll give it two weeks first to see how I fare - will keep you posted!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there, just popped over from Made by Petchy to see how your weight lose is going. I too am on a mission - although today was a blow out day :( Anyhow - be kind to yourself, I see you have already lost 8.5kgs - that is a real achievement! Keep up the good work and stay motivated - plateaus are normal - you just need to stick with it.