Wednesday 6 February 2013

Wednesday = weigh-day



Start weight: 85 kg / 187.4 lbs
Current weight: 73 kg / 160.9 lbs
Goal weight: 55 kg / 121 lbs

This week: + 0.5 kg / 1.1 lbs
Total loss: 12 kg / 26.5 lbs
Left to lose: 18 kg / 39.5 lbs

Bah. Nothing is more demotivating than a gain, however small. Up 0.5 kg from last week, and no one to blame but myself. My eating could have been better. I guess I am proof that a calorie isn't a calorie: have kept between 1400-1700 cals a day, but have had a higher than ideal carb intake. And most of those carbs were eaten to fill a need other than physical hunger.

I could of course stick my head in the sand and tell myself that the gain was due to any number of external factors... ovulation, water retention, muscle gain from lifting heavy at the gym. It may well be true too, but nonetheless - it has kept me on my toes and made me realise that I need to stay focused!

Time then, to focus on something positive instead: I may have gained back a pound – but I have shrunk during the course of the month. A total of 12 cm if I add it all up! 3 cm off my waist, wooooooohoooo!

• • •

MONTHLY MEASUREMENTS:

Upper arms: 32.5 cm (- 0.5 cm)
Chest: 99 cm (- 3 cm)
Waist: 86 cm (- 3 cm)
Hips: 99 cm (- 3 cm)
Thighs: 60 cm (- 1 cm)

• • •

The next few days will bring some challenges: Friday is R's 7th birthday, meaning today, tomorrow and Friday will leave me with next to no time to exercise. Today I had to take R to footie, tomorrow I have to shop and bake and stuff (at least I will have to walk to the shop and haul heavy stuff back), and Friday afternoon is R's party, when our house will be invaded by ten 6- and 7-year old boys. That ought to be exercise enough in itself, eh? I have decided I will have a slice of cake, but will try to stick to just the one. I'm hoping to get an hour in at the gym tomorrow, inbetween the school run and the cake-baking marathon, as R is going to a friend's house for a couple of hours.

Right, I'm shattered - time for chillin' and a nice latte (oh, how I love my espresso machine!) before bedtime!

No comments: