Friday 17 July 2009

SLIM GIRL VS. FATTY

Sometimes I feel like I am TWO people. The thin girl on the inside who wants nothing more than to be let out in the open, and the fat girl who does everything in her power to keep the thin girl locked up.



When the Fatty has one of her moments, I try to ignore her. I distract myself by heading over to the Incredible Shrinking Joy.

Joy is one of my really good friends from my time in Leicester, and her weight loss journey is truly inspirational! In fact it's her blog that has spurred me on to start this blog. When I hear the fat girl within screaming "give me chocolate!!!" I ask myself: "What would Joy do?" (Yes Joy, really I do!)

Fatty should be pleased with today though... After listening to Thin Girl all day, I let Fatty have a Singapore Sling and a Kalhua, and a greasy meal at a takeaway place following a trip to the cinema with a friend. I guess she can be allowed the odd treat, as long as it doesn't become a habit. I left half the greasy meal though (whereas before I would scoff it all despite feeling full), and I didn't have popcorn at the cinema. I brought pretzels, grapes and a Coke Zero. Hah. Take that Fatty!

Thanks Joy for being my slimming muse ;) Miss you guys loads and can't wait to see you again soon!

No comments: