Friday 25 September 2009

WEIGH-IN 25th SEPTEMBER: - 0.5 kg / 1.1 lbs

Not as good as last week, but not bad either! That'll do.

Before Ruben, I had got myself into a reasonably fit state, and could run 5k in just under 25 minutes. The best I have done recently is 3k in 18 minutes a couple of months back. And I don't think I could have done another metre at that point, I was that shattered. So the first goal is to work myself up to managing 5k inside the 30 minutes I have available. Last time I never followed a specific "running plan", but I am wondering if I should look at trying the C25K plan (that's short for "Couch to 5k"by the way) or if I should just go for it on my own again...

Anyways, I shall have a ponder about that. Today, I might just see where the road (and my legs) will take me. I'm quite looking forward to my run this afternoon - I have all my running clothes laid out ready to change into as soon as I get in, and running music on the iPod.

No comments: