Friday 20 November 2009

LOW-CARB BREAD RECIPE

No weigh-in today as my scales have a flat battery. Either that or I have gained 80 kilos in the last week and have gone above the weight limit for the scales - highly unlikely ;)

I baked bread yesterday. Yep. Low carb bread:



It is pretty yummy, so I want to share the recipe. The original recipe isn't mine though, I found it on a norwegian low-carb forum and modified it a tad - and here it is:

300 g cottage cheese
8 eggs
100 g wheat bran
100 g sesame seeds
200 g linseeds
100 g sunflower seeds
1 tbsp psyllium husk fibre
50 ml rapeseed oil
1/2 tsp salt
  1. Place the cottage cheese and the eggs in a bowl and whizz with a hand held blender until smooth
  2. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well
  3. Pour into a bread tin
  4. Bake for approx 2 hours at 190 °C
  5. Leave to cool on a wire rack, then enjoy!
This makes a pretty dense loaf which is very very filling. It has a yummy nutty flavour, and surprisingly you can't taste the eggs at all! I'd recommend this to people who aren't doing low-carb too. Two small, thin slices with loads of salad, ham and cheese kept me full for hours!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Hei, tror du at du kan oversette oppskriften til norsk? Jeg har lyst til å prøve oppskriften, men er ikke helt sikker på hva alt er på norsk :)